Eager to kickstart your career in impact investing? Do you have an undeniable passion for social impact, an analytical brain and strong people skills? And looking for a hands-on learning opportunity? We have an internship vacancy opening up!
About Shaping Impact Group
Across the Benelux, we enable investors, philanthropists, funds and foundations to generate maximum societal impact with their resources. We do this through impact investing, consulting and community building. We manage two impact-first investment funds - SI2 fund and INZET – and are launching a third impact fund on Equal Opportunities this year.
We are a passionate and complementary team of 11 people working from the Netherlands and Belgium. As an organization we value honesty (we do as we say and communicate transparently) we are known to be thorough and professional (what we do, we do with care and eye for detail) but also warm and creative (we are approachable and can think outside the box for the best results).
How we make your internship meaningful
During your internship, we will make sure you will get familiar with our investment processes, impact measuring and monitoring, portfolio management and you’ll get an introduction in the impact scene in the Benelux.
Your role is to assist us in the day-to-day management of our funds and to provide support across a wide range of investment-related work. For the most part, the role will focussing on our impact funds, but assisting with consultancy assignments can also be part of this internship. At Shaping Impact Group, you will have the opportunity to work independently with room for initiative, and with guidance where needed.
The main responsibilities consist of:
- Conducting in-depth market research and theory of change analysis;
- Perform initial screenings of investment opportunities;
- Contributing to the preparation of deal flow & portfolio reports;
- Supporting the Due Diligence process
- Supporting the management team of our portfolio companies including assistance in measuring and optimizing their social impact;
- Participating in deal sourcing events in the social impact ecosystem
The ideal candidate
- are a student or (close to becoming a) graduate in a relevant domain (Business management, Economics, Social sciences);
- have a passion for impact investing and social innovation and are keen to learn how finance healthy business models can do good through their mission;
- have very strong financial and social skills. You can find your way both with numbers and with people;
- are a high potential eager to learn, grow and use your talents to create maximum societal impact;
- are a team player capable of working autonomously and taking initiatives;
- must be fluent in Dutch and English (C2-level, both written and oral). French is a plus;
- proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- An internship compensation in line with impact investment market standards (beroepsinlevingsstage / contrat d’immersion professionel)
- Hands-on working experience at a leading Europe-focussed impact investing fund
- Great colleagues and a non-hierarchical organizational structure
- Active coaching to help you hone your professional skills
- Immersive experience in the social entrepreneurship area
- Flexible working hours (between 28 and 40 hours a week)
- Possibility to work part of your week at our office in Brussels
You are available for at least 4 months, preferably 6. The internship would start in July/August, and if possible sooner. Depending on your availability, we are open to discuss a starting date together.