Shaping Impact Group
Across the Benelux, we enable investors, philanthropists, funds and foundations to generate maximum societal impact with their available resources. We do this through impact investing, consulting and community building. Our main activity is fundmanagement and we manage three impact funds: SI2 Fund, INZET and SI3 Fund Equal Opportunities. Our current team consists of 11 members in Belgium, The Netherlands and the UK.
As an organization we value honesty (we do as we say and we say what we do) we are known to be thorough and professional (what we do, we do with care and eye for detail) but also warm and creative (we are approachable and can think outside the box for the best results). Do you fit our DNA? We are looking to expand our impact investment team.
Our main questions are: are you passionate about social entrepreneurship? Do you feel that impact investing needs to become mainstream? Do you like to combine the soul of social impact with the spirit of investing? The answers to these questions are what binds us as a team.
In terms of background and skills it is important that you have (extensive) experience with the process of investing. You either have sold your company or have been part of a buy out/take over or you can demonstrate considerable experience in M&A. As diversity in our team is important, we are specifically keen to meet candidates who can bring new skills to our investment-team such as IT, Operations or Marketing and who have an exciting story to tell about their professional journey so far.
As a person you are a great team player and able to see challenges from different perspectives. You value other people’s opinion and you are an open (minded) communicator.
As part of the Impact Investment Team you’ll find that every day is different. Our team consists of people with various backgrounds and skills which makes us able to look at investments from different perspectives. At Shaping Impact Group we all share a passion for supporting social entrepreneurs reaching their goals and support them in growing their business. As investors, we all take part in sourcing, screening, deal structuring, DD and company coaching, although we each have different superpowers.
Part of the role consists of:
- Source and screen investment leads (based on societal impact, viable business model and financial structure)
- Deal structuring and Due Diligence
- Supporting portfolio companies in being successful
- Contributing to quarterly- and shareholder reports
- Consulting assignments directly related to Impact investing
WHAT WE HOPE TO FIND IS SOMEONE
- Fluent in Dutch and English (this is a must-have)
- Aligned with our mission. You can clearly explain why social impact is important to you and how you see the role of entrepreneurship and capital in societal change (must have)
- Experienced with M&A, understand Venture Capital and/or know from own experience how buying and selling a company works (must have)
- With strong analytical skills, you can quickly get to the heart of the matter
- With 6-7 years work experience, including working with term sheets, due diligences and shareholder-agreements
- With a graduate in a relevant domain (Business management, Economics, Social sciences, IT) or if you’re an entrepreneur who has learned by doing.
- Who is a team player capable of working together and autonomously
- Who is very entrepreneurial and understands how entrepreneurs think and act.
- Being part of a young and growing company that aims at creating a better world
- Support in personal growth and development
- Room to be creative and take initiatives
- A salary that fits the social impact investment sector and a one-year contract
- A working week between 28 and 40 hours, to be discussed